As we move forward with our re-opening plan we are faced with having to make some hard decisions to ensure a safe return for all students, teachers and as well as family members.
In an effort to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and ensure we are doing everything in our power to prevent a second wave of Covid-19 we have made the difficult decision to push the start of Recreational dance to January 2021. At this time and through the Fall months we are not allowing parents in our lobby and we feel that would be a struggle for many of our dancers in our Recreational Program. We remain optimistic and hopeful that by late Fall once the “back-to-school” plan has been rolled out we will be in a better situation to reassess our Recreational Dance Program and offer classes commencing January to June 2021 and have dancers perform in our year-end recital.
This wasn’t an easy decision for us as we have spent the past four years building our Recreational Dance Program and really love seeing the progress of all our Recreational Dancers over the months, however, at this time we feel it is the responsible thing to do until we know can allow one parent per dancer in our lobby and some normalcy to what they all know as being ‘normal’ at Dance District.
I can speak on behalf of Miss Melanie, Miss Kelly and Miss Emma that they miss and will continue to miss all their students tremendously. We just need to hang on a few more months and hope that come January we have made enough progress for our Recreational Dance Program to continue with safety measures in place but ones that don’t take away from the enjoyment of dance.
We sincerely apologize for having to make this decision but we want to prevent a second wave and if waiting just a few more months can do that we are willing to try.